Congratulations on taking the first step on your entrepreneurial journey. At the beginning of this journey, aspiring entrepreneurs must do months of self-motivated hard work. Doing this work makes sure you have thought through your idea, and teaches you the language of entrepreneurship. If you are not ready or are off cycle to apply for our Get Started Cohort, make sure to Get Engaged! If you want to jump into our environment right away sign up for Coworking! Here are some first steps for you no matter how you decide to Get Started.
1) Google the key word of your idea to see if you can find similar products/services
2) Watch Episode 1 and 2 from Business Strategyzer
3) Take a crack at your first Business Model Canvas. Fill it out!
4) Watch How to Start a Startup Series
5) Interview at least 10 people in person that you do not know and who are potential customers or partners. Check out this read on customer discovery basics.
Ventures Deals - Brad Feld & Jason Mendelson
Zero to One - Peter Thiel
Good to Great - Jim Collins
Innovators Dilemma - Clayton Christensen
Lean Startup - Eric Ries
Hooked - Nir Eyal
Blue Ocean Strategy - R. Mauborgne & W.C. Kim
Traction - Gabriel Weinberg & Justin Mares
Entrepreneurial Strengths Finder - Jim Clifton & Sangeeta Bharadwaj
The Founder's Delemmas - Noam Wasserman
Extreme Programming Explained - Kent Beck